Thursday, October 4, 2007

Winter blues

OK so for most of us in Colorado triathlon season is over. We are still having some incredible fall days - it was like in the 80s yesterday. But the weather is getting to be a little oscillating. Like this morning. I set my alarm for 6 a.m. And it went off. But I lifted up my eye covering and peeked out and it was still dark. It's just so freakin' hard to get out of bed to train when it's still freakin' dark. Not like dawn but dark. So I layed there. And of course I was late. I didnt' get to the gym until 7:10. Not good when I got an hour of lifting to do and 30 min of swimming and need to be to work by 9 a.m. I only ended up getting 1hr of strength training in. No swimming. But I'll swim tomorrow morning. Bike Saturday and Sunday cause it's supposed to be gorgeous out!

Even so I know that winter is coming. Which means cold runs. Colder bikes. Head lamps and a general change in my disposition. Oh well. This is the price we pay for glory right!

No comments: